Metal Line Africa (Pty) Ltd (Metal Line) provides chain management solutions for bulk commodities to its clients. As part of managing the business and rendering services, Metal Line is required, in certain instances, to process client personal information. Metal Line is required to protect the personal information as set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013, including its Regulations (POPI Act).
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is mainly collected for contracting and administration purposes so that we can render the service you require. The specific information collected will depend on the purpose for which it will be used.
We will collect information directly from you, e.g., when you contract with us. Your personal information is only used for the purposes for which it was collected or as agreed, for example:
- to provide our services to you
- to execute the transactions you requested
- to maintain our relationship with you
- to conduct credit reference searches or verification
- to confirm and verify your identity
- to detect and prevent fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice
- for debt tracing or debt recovery
- to conduct market or customer satisfaction research, or for statistical analysis
- for audit and record keeping purposes
- to liaise with third-party service providers to offer services that you may require
- for legal proceedings
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes
- to share with our service providers as needed to deliver services to you
- we will disclose or report your personal information if required to do so by law or any regulatory authority.
3. PROCESSING OF INFORMATION
3.1 The Personal information Metal Line collects in the ordinary course of business includes:
- only information that is adequate, necessary, and relevant to enable it to effectively render a service or assist in any manner required, such as the Client’s name, identity number (where applicable), registration number, the client’s employees or its director’s personal information, contact information etc.
- electronic communications sent to Metal Line information submitted to Metal Line in response to a vacancy advertisement
- technical information, e.g., through electronic communication or the use of the website
3.2 How does Metal Line use the personal information of a client
3.2.1 Contact and interact with the Client, including to:
- respond to requests from the Client (for instance where someone may apply for employment)
- provide important notices and updates, such as changes to terms, standard operating procedures (SOPs), policies, security alerts and administrative messages.
3.2.2 Operate Metal Line’s business, including:
- Screening visitors through CCV footage, conducting searches for dangerous weapons and completing the attendance register for security purposes to ensure that only authorised persons enter the premises of Metal Line.
- complying with applicable laws, regulations and guidance; and
- complying with demands or requests made by regulators, governments, courts and law enforcement authorities.
3.2.3 Improve Metal Line’s day-to-day operations, including for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research to help Metal Line deliver and improve its digital platforms, content and services;
- to monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with Metal Line’s services to understand the use of its platforms
- to improve Metal Line’s services and communications to clients
- to ensure that Metal Line has up-to-date contact information for its clients.
3.3 How long will Metal Line keep Client Personal information
Personal information will be kept for the period required by law and where it needs to do so in connection with legal action or an investigation in which it is involved. Otherwise, personal information will be kept:
- for as long as needed to provide the client with access to services requested.
- where the client has contacted Metal Line with a question or request, for as long as is necessary to allow Metal Line respond to the question or request and as required by law.
4. INFORMATION SECURITY
Metal Line will protect the personal information held and prevent unauthorised access thereto. We will continue to review our security controls to ensure that your personal information is secure.
Our security policies and procedures include:
- physical security
- computer and network security
- secure communications
- monitoring access and use of private information
- investigating and reacting to security incidents
5. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
A client has the right to request a copy of the personal information we have on record for you. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Such requests may be subject to legally allowable fees.
6. CORRECTION OF INFORMATION
A client has the right to ask Metal Line to update, correct or delete their personal information, subject to any legal requirements. Keeping your personal information up-to-date and accurate remains your responsibility.
Contact Metal Line at email@example.com should you have any questions on this policy.